Tuesday, August 1st
12:00 pm I returned home from grocery shopping to find a huge black cloud just to the east of us and I hoped it would bring rain to my dead lawn. I ran inside to bring some grocery's in and recruit some help from Joseph.
12:02 pm We went to the car to get the rest of the food and the big black cloud was now directly over us and moving at a tremendous pace. We marveled at the sight for a bit and then ran inside.
12:06 The sound of rain was heard, and the windows were open so we could watch. We started taking pictures of the neighbors rain gutter (which didn't work so the rain was pouring on our lawn)

12:07 We closed the windows because the rain was splashing inside.
12:07:30 Water started pouring through the window cracks!
12:07.33 We started gathering our towels (which consisted of two...) and trying to stop it.
12:08 Joseph ran outside to help the rain stop coming in and I grabbed anything I could to help the water stop. Blankets, washcloths, hand towels, our bed comforter etc.
12:09 the nice girls next door lent Joseph a bucket so he could get the water out of our window well faster (which had filled to the brim). This proved faster than his previous tool....a flower pot.

12:17 The water finally stopped coming in....but we had 2 inches of water ALL over our floor.

12:20 we began the process of mopping, drying, fanning....

2:30 pm the house was all mopped up, the fans were going and we went to lunch.
All in a day's work folks!

Top Five:
1. I don't have to mop the floor this week
2. I got to see Joseph in a wet t-shirt
3. All my shoes got a bath all at the same time
4. We only had to clean up one room...because that's all our house consists of.
5. In the true spirit of girls, we were feeling sorry for ourselves and went out to eat afterwards.
Bottom Five
1. The library frowns on water-damaged books
2. Our new vinyl floor (put in in June) is coming up on all sides
3. Where do spiders go when the rain floods their house....my house
4. I sprayed clorox on the baseboard area to kill any mold or bacteria that was growing, Joseph used my favorite red towel to mop the baseboards up.
5. Since we hadn't had enough water today, Joseph decided we should go see Poseidon. I hated it.
2 comments:
sure it was a bad experience, but look at the great post you got out of it!!
Pretty intense. I like how you guys had so much time to shoot photos while your apartment was being attacked by Mother Nature. Classic!
Post a Comment