
I hadn't planned on getting one.
Melinda and I were with Sprint and had a great service plan. She had a camera flip phone and I had a Treo 650. All was well, until Steve Jobs announced that Apple would be producing a phone/ ipod/ internet communicator.
Still, I wasn't sold. Not that I didn't want one...I just had it so good with Sprint and my Treo.
In June, Preston mentioned he needed a Treo for medical school and I started getting monetary contributions to my iPhone fund for my birthday. Mel and I gave our phones to Preston and Annette and transferred our contract to them .
Soon, June 29th had come around and I found myself camping in line outside the Apple Store in Salt Lake waiting for 6 pm when the iPhone would go on sale.It was a long, hot day (from 10 am to 6 pm), but Melinda spent some of the time there with me. I was there with Decade Media's sales guy, Kevin, and we spent the day on our computers and phones working (and drinking lots of water). Apple treated us right by periodically bringing out bottled waters and sno-cones.
Finally, the time came. Amidst cheering and clapping, we entered the Apple Store just after six o'clock. I broke down and bought the 8 GB model and took a few last photos with my Treo inside the store.

That's a happy boy.
I didn't take pictures of the next hour because I was too stressed. Turns out I'd left Melinda's phone on the sidewalk. We searched through a trash compacter and all around the area. I went to tell the Cingular/AT&T store to deactivate the phone, and they gave me a new one!
So, what's the verdict on the iPhone? Love it. It is everything they advertise it to be. Works just like the videos show. I'd never been so excited to drop $600 in my life and almost a month later I've had zero regrets.
Goodbye crashy Treo. Enter the iPhone.
1 comment:
Usher in the new era Joseph! We're all right behind ya.
Post a Comment