The first of June we went to Texas for the Draschil Family Reunion. There was skiing, kneeboarding, swimming, lots of food, corny talents, and plenty of relaxing. It's amazing how rewarding it is to get back together with people you love and to just spend time together. At the end of June (June 29th to be exact) I waited in line for most of the day in order to buy an iPhone. See my post below for more details. In short, yep, it is everything it is marketed to be and an absolute joy to use. I'll let you play with it the next time you see me.
Setting aside my materialness and idols of plastic and chrome, we move into July. The first two weeks of July we were on vacation, first at Melinda's family reunion and then in California with Melinda's school kids.

The reunion was in Waterton, Canada, and we rode four-wheelers, relaxed, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. We stayed in a quaint Swiss-looking lodge (the first of our 3-week hotel rooms). I tried my hand at fishing for the second time, but there's no picture for that because I didn't catch anything.

That vacation ended all-too-soon as we headed out to California for the FCCLA National Competition. Melinda had 12 kids qualify for the competition, and we spent the week chaperoning (babysitting) them...even on our anniversary. The good news is that we also got to go to cool places like Universal Studios and Disneyland for free.

Herding 12 kids around for a week ain't easy, so believe me when I say we were glad when it was over.
Home, you say? Nay! How about our third straight week in a hotel room? Melinda was a week-long Tour Guide for a group of elderly tourists in Utah Valley. We stayed at the La Quinta Inn near Wal-Mart in Orem despite the fact that we were only a couple of miles from our apartment.
Finally this past week we've been back in our own apartment and it has been great, although I've noticed the bed doesn't make itself while we're gone during the day. Not to worry, though. Melinda is doing the Tour Guide thing again this week and we're BACK in a hotel room.
As a final treat, here is what Melinda and I would look like as characters from the Simpsons (courtesy of SimpsonizeMe.com)


Compare those pictures with this one of Mel and this one of me. Not bad. And here we are in our natural habitats (i.e. at our jobs): Melinda @ Dixon. Joseph @ Decade Media.
4 comments:
Looks like you're catching up with Preston and Annette! Way to travel. It sounds like you've had a fabulous summer. And here I've been working for 2 months straight...what am I thinking!
Hey--a visit near Calgary and no phone call? And here I was thinking we were best friends. My world is shattered. :)
Sounds like a fun summer, but I got tired just reading about it!
Hi you! I wish so bad we had planned the baby having fest at another time instead of the reunion. But...we will see you at Christmas. I love the blog. You two are hilarious. I'm in for the vote to move to Orem. Tell Brady! Hee hee.
Love-Mandy
Joseph and Melinda,
We found your blog through Mark and Bonni's. I've linked you to ours as well. Heroes is coming up soon, so we need to get together for the season premier. Check us out at scotrox.blogspot.com
Love you
Scott, Mandy & Seth
Post a Comment