Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Knocked out.



No, I'm not dead. I was just knocked out. No big deal. I went in Monday for endoscopy to see why I've had a hard time swallowing some foods. Apparently some acid reflux had tightened the bottom of my esophagus. They widened it and I'm swallowing whole hamburgers again with the best of them.

But seriously.

I ate a jalapeƱo burger from Wendy's 20 minutes after I woke up....I don't remember much about how it tasted or about the next few hours...but I do remember that I ate it.

4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

You look so sad and pathetic in this picture! I'm sorry you had to go do that, medical procedures are never fun. Glad to hear you didn't let it stop you from a jalapeno burger though, way to get right back on the horse! : )

Brad said...

Hey bro! You've had the most unusual hospital visits of all my friends. Collapsed lungs, tightened esophagus....

Glad you're doing better though! Happy Christmas!

TheTalley said...

I should have NEVER read this post. I can't believe you ate a jalapeno burger right after your surgery. You are going to give me a heart attack! I am glad you doing better though. You didn't know I read your blog did you?

Unknown said...

Wow...tightened esophagi (is that how the plural form of esophagus is spelled?)

Sorry you went through it, but happy you are eating all the fun things again! I think I had/have acid reflux as well....hopefully I can turn the tide before anything happens!