Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Dang you, BECCA!!

I am now embarking on the hardest thing I have ever done...... no thanks to our friend, Becca Uda [link], who just ran a marathon recently [link]! Her marathon made the rest of us look bad and stuff, so I had to go and buy this....




Mostly the reason I am posting this is so I won't wimp out. I am really good at determination and dedication for about two weeks-then I am usually over it and move on to something else. This book told us to tell our friends and sign up BEFORE training so then the commitment is that much harder to break.....

So my friends wish us luck! We are being "forced" to be swim/bike/run people now:) Oh and did I mention Joseph and I can't swim?.........this could be interesting. We have been only training for about two weeks and so far I've gained weight (what the??? The reason I am doing this is to get rid of my last 10 Brielle pounds!!!!!)

Hopefully on August 29 I will be a sexy running, swimming, biking, mom:) See you at the Bear Lake Classic Triathlon [link]!


P.S. Thanks Becca:) You are my inspiration! Lots of love (at least for now) ;-)

9 comments:

Lauren Dyer said...

you can do it!

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

Wow, and WOW! and WOOOOWWW! You couldn't pay me enough to make a fool of myself like that. Good for you. I am very impressed. Let us all know just how you do and how much you hate it (or maybe love it!). Good luck!

Beccarigg said...

YEAH!! I can't believe you titled a whole post after me! I feel so honored : ) Mostly though I'm just PUMPED for you guys! I think a triathlon would be so much fun, not to mention a better all around workout to tone up your whole body. (running leaves certain areas mushier than others ; ) Totally agree that signing up early and letting people know helps out big time with your motivation. Believe me, there will be days when you will NOT want to work out, but then you'll remember that people are rooting for you and that you can't get a refund for your race anyway so you might as well get out there and get it done.

Anyway, sorry for the long comment but I'm just really excited for you guys and think you're going to do awesome! oh and for the record, you do NOT look like you need to lose 10 lbs! You look great! and don't worry about the weight gain up front. When you trade fat for muscle that happens. At the end of my training I didn't lose any weight (even though I was running like 40 miles a week) But I dropped a pant size so I think your body just tightens up. ; )

Love Sweet Love said...

Um Wow! You will not ever see me doing anything like this, but definitely good luck to you! Bear Lake is just right around the corner from us so we go all the time,maybe if we're around that weekend we'll come cheer you and Joseph on! Or we could watch Bree for you guys if you don't already have somebody to do that! Let me know!!

Angie Judd said...

Dude!!! We are so outta touch!!!
That is soooooo awesome! I know you can TOTALLY do it!!!! You are Melinda Draschil....you can do ANYTHING!!!!

Unknown said...

bear lake is freezing cold....good luck with that!

Tyson and Heather Hill said...

Way to go girl! Tyson just signed up to do some big Adventure Race here in the mountains where he bikes, runs, and kayaks so we are doing all that crazy stuff--I feel your pain! Good luck!

Joseph Draschil said...

I just added countdown tickers to the side nav for the races...that's kinda scary.

Annette Shumway said...

Your first race is comin up fast! I eagerly await the post describing it's awesomeness! You guys are my inspiration :)