
Joseph's sister Kim and her husband Jeff were in town so we decided to have a family BBQ/get together to celebrate. We were in charge of water, dessert, and our own meat-no big deal. I won't bore you with the details but let's just say it was one of those things that ended up taking A LOT more effort to get accomplished then normal and by the time we were actually in the car ready to go I was already pretty done with the BBQ idea and wished eating wasn't something essential for my body.
On our way a lady pulled right in front of us so Joseph SLAMMED on the breaks and what do you suppose happened???? Yep, 5 gallon water cooler FULL of ice water came flying into the front of the car and spilled everywhere!! AAAAHHHH our NEW car!!!!! We were SUPER ticked off at the stupid lady and at ourselves for not securing the cooler better. Anyway after our nerves had calmed down and we could think straight, we pulled into the carwash and sucked as much water up as we could. By this time I just kinda was laughing about the whole thing because what else could I do????? So I snapped some photos:) enjoy:) Oh and we did end up making it to the BBQ and had a blast-we always do with Joseph's family! Pics of that too
PS the long awaited triathlon post is coming....we are still recovering:)
5 comments:
Congrats on the triathlon...u are an inspiration to me. That totally sucks about the water, but at least you still have the new car, ENJOY!
AH the horrors! And it doesn't stop. Anything you love will get ruined in even the smallest way. I took extreme care of my new fridge and maybe 4 months into ownership I dropped a jar of peanut butter and it dented my fridge. It's the cycle of life! You're car is a beauty and quite appropiately, it has been baptized. I am so interested to hear about the triathalon. That's so my kind of thing. Someday! COME VISIT US SOON!!!
LOVE the car! we drove a Pacifica for a rental once and I totally remember thinking it would be an awesome family car. Glad the spill was just water and not red kool-aid, that would've been an evening killer!
I love all the gorgeous fall pictures. And Bree's hair is so cute in the little sprout ponytail! Mel I'm glad you are a calm person because that video of Joseph flipping Bree around almost gave me a heart attack! What kills me is she's just laughing the whole time! scary, cute, and funny all at once : )
Can't wait for the tri post! I could tell you guys looked buffer in that video... ; )
Oh wow! Now that is an adventure! Congratulations on the new car. Be lucky you're not like me. As you know, I bought a new car when we moved out here, and I accidentally scratched my back bumper because of not pulling into the garage all the way. I'll take water on the backseat any day! BTW: What beautiful fall coors there were in that picture. I miss you guys! Feel free to come to Colorado again soon (to live). :)
Seriously laughing out loud. Cause it's either laugh or cry. I know the feeling. It's only new till you drive it home with a family and then say goodbye to the nice new car....nice to have known ya. Love that story. Miss the sunday storytelling festival at grandmas. Aaawwwww!
Post a Comment