Tuesday, November 03, 2009

October brings lots of news:)

Started off the month of Halloween with a date to Thriller! Our favorite October tradition!
Then we went to a Halloween party where we won the $25 prize for the best costumes:) Can you guess what we are???

We went on a trip back east to check out some schools Joseph is applying for his MBA at. We left Bree with my parents and off we were! I was super excited to see Boston in the fall and I've always liked the idea of living on the east coast for at least some of my life.

So to be honest this was THE WORST vacation I have ever taken. I will try and focus on the positive but just know that among this one thing that was positive EVERYTHING else was really bad, really. I will not bore you with the never ending details but know that they include-getting lost for two hours trying to find our hotel, pictures falling off walls hitting Joseph in the head during dinner, walking in the pouring rain for who knows how long with our luggage, almost missing Joseph's interview TWICE, almost missing my flight, aunt flow coming to visit two weeks early, long nasty black hair in our curry, panic attack (yep haven't had one of those for five years) and my husband was stressed-something I have never seen so I didn't know how to handle it.....I could not wait to get home!! Anyway-positive think positive

He had an interview with Dartmouth in Hanover New Hampshire that went well (he thinks:) I also was able to have lunch with a girl who is supporting her boyfriend as he is in his first year there. She was super nice and I was glad she spent an hour of her life answering my questions. It is a small cute town where the people are actually kind and not fake kind but really are willing to help in anyway they can. They are opinionated but also allow you to have yours. I was expecting more of a New York City feel and that is not at all what we experienced. We loved it :)









Boston was nice too. We went to the Museum of Science because there was a
HARRY POTTER EXHIBIT!
Hello how could we pass that up???? It ended up being super expensive and we were not allowed to take pictures!! Hello do you realize that I love Harry Potter and I need a picture or two???? They had crazy no picture natzies all over the place-but since when do I follow really dumb rules???? never (don't tell Joseph, it will ruin his idea of me. He is a rule following boy) So here are a few of my sneaky shots:)
Yule Ball outfits! Can you guess whose they are??


He who should not be named- wand. They told us that each charactor has around 6 wands each because they break and get lost all the time

Hagrids clothing

Mandrake-yep they even screamed! And the prompt said that the prop people for the movie had a hard time keeping track of them because the teenagers kept stealing them to play jokes on each other:)

THE wand:) Glasses and Marauder's map PLUS his letter of request from Hogwarts.

Also, I got sorted by the sorting hat!!!! Gryffindor!!! But do we have a picture to prove it? Nope, Joseph was not having any part of breaking the rules. EVEN IF HIS WIFE WAS BEING SORTED BY THE SORTING HAT.....come on!!!

Two hours before we left for Boston Joseph received a new calling. We are now in our Stake Singles ward. Joseph is in the bishopric and I am just there for now. But guess what that means?? NO MORE STATE HOSPITAL! That was a hard calling for me-really. So we are grateful for the opportunity and now I actually have to go to FHE and ward prayer. I never went to FHE or ward prayer as a single person so I guess I am making up for it now. I think ward prayer is the dumbest made up BYU thing in the world!! What are we Catholic? I just think if we want the singles to mingle then call it something like meet and marry or something but WARD PRAYER?? Who is presiding and what do we do?? I just hate it.

Halloween was a blast. We went to Amy's and got a little crazy with the gummy eyeballs! Boy do I love Draschil's!





Any guesses as to what we are dressed as?? Think childhood??? I know you recognize us....

CandyLand!!!! I am Queen Frostine, Mr. Mint and Bree is Princess Lolli. Her hair is purple though she was having nothing to do with her crown:(


9 comments:

Alexis said...

woah!
your Halloween Costumes are AWESOME (worth more than a $25 prize!)
Your trip East sounds horrible---probably just a consequence for not coming to Maine to see us too! j/k
I LOVVVVED the pics from the museum...I can't believe I didn't know that exhibit was there---could have stopped by on a Temple trip! THANKS for the pics though:)

The Johnson Family said...

Melinda you are SO creative!! I would have never thought of candyland characters! We need to have an ex-roomies lunch again soon.

Beccarigg said...

I am dying laughing over the Harry Potter exhibit pics! You are so dang funny Mel! I don't think I could've resisted either though, I mean it's Harry Potter for crying out loud! (I'm also just laughing imagining Joseph the rule boy shaking his head over your sorting hat request, guess that's why he's in the bishopric ; )

Your costumes look A-MAZE-ING!! Did you make them? I totally knew from the first pic they were candy land. Seriously awesome.

That's so cool that you guys were in Boston! Taber is taking me there next week for my b-day weekend. (well it's a business trip but I'm coming sans children!) Can't wait to hear the results from Dartmouth, I'll be crossing my fingers for you guys!

Brad said...

East Coast! Let's hang out when you get here.

Megan said...

HO....LY....COW!!! I can't believe it about your trip!! Sad day! But, cute cute cute costumes!!! Hope yall recovered ok from all that.

Kate and Wiley said...

Wow when you get a long black hair in your curry soup, its a sign you aren't supposed to be there. :) What a hilarious story. Oh and no more state hospital??? You must be tired of being bossed :) hahaha.

Celeste said...

Awesome costumes! Soo creative! Ppppppplease come to the East Coast!!!!

Ben and Summer said...

Wow! Sorry about the nasty vacation, that stinks. But so awesome that he had an interview at Dartmouth! Love the costumes too - and THRILLER. I LOVE that show, but Ben was too wierded out by it. I think my Thriller days are over... You guys are such a beautiful family:)

Brittany said...

I was ward prayer coordinator. Thanks Melinda :) Jk, I was glad to get married instead of keeping that calling.