Sunday, December 13, 2009

Worst Mom of the Year Award goes to..........ME!

I had to run into the mall yesterday to grab Joseph's last Christmas gift. For those of you who don't know I hate to shop. I think it is the devil especially with Bree-she also hates to shop :) I was wanting to run in and run out so I threw Bree in the stroller and ran inside JCPenny (where I had a coupon for 10bucks off a 10buck purchase YEAH). I stopped to look at some stocking stuffers and WHAM-Bree fell out of the stroller!! OH MY GOODNESS. Bleeding everywhere! I, of course, have no wipes or kleenex so a diaper had to be the gauze. All these people were surounding me and trying to be helpful but I just wanted to crawl in a hole and comfort my little princess. I felt so dumb and helpless. Then the JCPenny's lady made me fill out a report and she asked me if Bree was buckled in....I had to respond "no" beause I am the worst mom ever and did not buckle her in. I called Jospeh when everything calmed down and was just in tears over my hurry hurry mode and not saftey saftey mode.

Good news is though I took her to the hospital nurse and they checked her all out. No stitches no concussion. And good news for her she is getting one of these for Christmas :) It even comes in PINK!! Who needs toys?

7 comments:

Beccarigg said...

I totally hate shopping with my kids too. Especially when it's a quick in and thing that takes 3 times as long because you have to unbuckle them from their car seats, rebuckle them into the stroller, unbuckle the stroller, rebuckle the car seats, blah blah blah... I've been guilty of skipping the stroller buckling step myself. It could've happened to anyone. I've actually forgotten to buckle Brinley into her high chair before and she face planted onto the kitchen floor. Luckily kids are pretty resilient. The helmet idea's not too bad either : )

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

I'm sure she still looked pretty dang cute with her bloody lip and tearfilled eyes. I know exactly how you feel about wishing you could rewind time to do something that would have only taken you about...oh three seconds. BUT if you add up all those times that a mom has to do all that buckling, you could win back several years of your life. I'm sure of it. Who needs Botox when you can just stop buckling your kids in?!?!

The Johnson Family said...

Oh girl, I'm sorry! Things like that really do happy to EVERY mom even though at the time you do feel like the worst mom ever. I love the helmet idea, I'm not sure if you were joking but I seriously want to get one!!!

Lauren Dyer said...

You are not a bad mom - that kind of thing happens to everyone.

Angie Judd said...

Poor Bree and poor YOU! I think we take it much harder than the kids. But, hey Mel...if that's the worse thing you ever do as a mom than you have me beat a million times over! You are a great mom. :)

Theresa said...

Oh my, what a scary experience! So glad to hear she is ok. @ your camera question, I mostly use a canon rebel. You can get them for pretty cheap now at costco+ a lens. I would start with that and purchase a few extra lenses- like a fixed 50 canon lens.
I just got the 7D by canon and love it. I haven't uploaded any pictures up to the blog yet though for comparison :). Soon, I hope! Hope all is well for you two! Your daughter is beautiful!

Jen said...

Awesome... where I can I get one in an adult size klutz, color green?