Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Boston- take two

As some of you may remember, we went out to the east coast last year to interview and check out MBA schools. Well the "vacation," without Bree, turned out to be really stressful and I really hated almost EVERY second. THEN we didn't even end up actually applying to MBA school-(long story) anyway, this year we FOR SURE are actually applying to schools and so back to New Hampshire/Boston we went. We have some good friends that live there (Becca and Taber Rigg) and we invited ourselves to be their house guests for five days:) They were determined to show us a good time and boy did they ever!!! We had a blast!!! We brought Bree and everything! Here are the highlights:
The flight- NOT actually a highlight or something I want to repeat 34 weeks pregnant but Bree was so cute, insisting on holding daddy's hand for landing.





Feeding the goats at an apple farm which also had some freakn' good homemade doughnuts.





Babson classroom





He also had an interview up at Dartmouth but I stayed back with Bree and slept while Becca tended my child... so no pictures:(


Halloween carnival.... Drawing on a Mini Cooper


Face painting


And a little sass:) look at Bree- hello is she even RELATED to me? She looks in pain! Brinley's got it down!!!


Pumpkin decorating


Painting- I was napping


Dress ups! Yep I was napping again. I decided that I should have paid for the free child care and comfy bed- I just couldn't resist! Becca was so good to play with Bree while her mom was MIA.
Becca and Taber were great! We loved staying up late and laughing together. Becca taught me a lot about relaxing as a mom and letting your kids explore and enjoy life...... Josephs "ten toy rule" may go out the window in due time:) (for those of you who don't know, my husband hates clutter and spoiled kids... So we have a rule in our house-only ten toys total. People are shocked when I tell them this and most don't believe we actually sick to it. Let me tell you my friends... WE DO. We count and everything.)



Best Halloween party EVER. really. And we have been to our share of parties. And even though we didn't win the $50 outback gift card for best costume (we were super bummed out)- Taber took us out anyway:)


Becca and I look'n hot in all our third trimester misery!
We had a blast an really are excited for the possible opportunity to be "east coast people." As long as I have a GPS I'll be ok:) thanks again Taber and Becca for showing us a good time and treating us so well. (and tending my child since I was sleeping all the time:)

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

Haha! We are totally hot in that last picture. I almost made it my new blog header but then I thought people might get confused when it said "Rigg Family" and there was a picture of me and you ; )

That was seriously so much fun having you guys out! I just blogged about it too and it was so fun looking at the pics and reliving the good times. This morning Taber discovered that Joseph left the Chia seeds for him. He was so pumped! He did a 3 mile run and is convinced that the Chia made him super fast : )

Anyway, we just love you guys and please, you were not napping that much! Remember, I had my sleep in moment too so I think we're even! Also Bree is a gem and the easiest child to watch ever so it wasn't a problem at all! Good luck with your last month of pregnancy! Almost done!