Saturday, January 01, 2011

And then there were four... (New Baby!!!)

Joslyn Joy Draschil is finally here!! Went into the hospital around 9pm she was born around 3am. She was 7.11lbs and 21" long. December 11, 2010 (12-11-10) she made her debut!

It was a wonderful experience and I feel so blessed to have another baby girl. Joseph was so wonderful and was my rock. I decided I can do anything with his support.

Two kids has been a challenge mostly because Bree has decided to be a pain. Licking the baby, giving her medicine, holding her when I'm not there, dumping things on her...... But I keep reminding myself that her world has been turned upside down and she'll get back to "normal" here soon.

Joslyn is such a good baby and I am so grateful. I was able to have a VBAC (regular birth after my c-section with Bree) so the physical part of my recovery has been significantly better. Though sitting down for long amounts of time is painful-but at least I can laugh and cough without hunching over:)



I don't know why Joseph always takes a "before we go to the hospital" picture.... I'm in LABOR for heavens sake!!







Bree went with her cousins to see Santa while we were in the hospital











Bree wearing the babies hat



6 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Oh my goodness, the picture of Bree holding Joslyn is so so sweet! You will love having two girls. Give them a few months to get used to each other and then things start getting fun. The best is when the younger one starts walking and talking, custom made best friends to entertain each other all day long. It's awesome! We're so happy for you and your little family of four. : )

Beccarigg said...

p.s. 12-11- 10 is a sweet birthday! We're shooting for 1-11-11, that'd be kinda cool right? ; )

Jessica said...

My oh my! What fun! I'd love to catch up with you sometime since we didn't get to stop by in Dec. Call me when you aren't bogged down with saving Joslyn from Bree lovin. I'm still saving Emeri from Ephraim love on a daily basis. But they do love being with each other. Congrats to you all on Babson! How exciting! I'll just pray we have an excuse to get to Provo sometime before you guys scoot out of town. :)

Celeste said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you!

Laurie said...

Congrats on your sweet new addition! I can't wait to meet her!

ZAC said...

Joseph and Melinda---CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will have so much fun with 2 girls....but probably not as much fun as they will have with each other! And the transition from 1-2 was by far the hardest for me. Just keep talking yourself through it, and when you can't, talk to your personal cheerleader. (Please tell me you have one...!)