I made real homemade pumpkin pie with pumpkins from our garden. My friend Brenda encouraged me to try it because "they taste SO much better." She was right!
Thanksgiving was spent at Amy and Dans and of course they had quite a delicious spread.
We helped with a 5K fundraiser for a family in our old ward. I was the water girl :) while Joseph ran with Bree. It was super fun and super cold! People kept running by asking me if the water was hot chocolate-I wish I would have thought of that! How awesome, hot chocolate on your fun run!
My friend Melanie Fifthandhazel.com convinced me to take "pregnant" pictures despite feeling fat and fat: She did a great job and so glad I have them.
We did lots of things to celebrate the season. Decorated cookies, festival of trees, temple square and of course Santa
We went to Colorado for Christmas: my own mother convinced me that making the 8 hour trip in the car with my 2-year-old and my 2 week old would be no big deal because she would be there to help. Well 13 hours, puke twice, poop and pee all over and many tears later we arrived at my house hungry and elated not to be in the car anymore. I was not aware of the pain involved with sitting for 13 hours with a natural delivery... With my c-section I had no problems sitting, just laughing and coughing. So the next few days were a constant reminder of the nightmare road-trip. Joseph joined us on Christmas Eve and we were so happy to be a family for Christmas!
2 comments:
Wow you are brave to make that trip. I thought ours was almost too much to take in, playin single mom for 4 days and all, but we didn't have any puking. Don't know how you survived, but sure glad you did! :) P.S. Never seen you prego before and you are hot to trot girl! Super cute photos.
oh my gosh! I can't believe you did that trip just 2 weeks after giving birth!! When you told me you were in Colorado I was like, "wow, that's amazing that she's already up for traveling like that." Totally didn't realize you DROVE there! ouch! Giving birth really does a number on you. I'm finally starting to feel normal again and it's almost been 3 weeks! Glad you got to be with your family though.
Oh and that homemade pumpkin pie sounds amazing! I'm truly impressed with your mad cooking skills!
Post a Comment