
So, sometimes I get talked into catering for people....I know, I know. You are all shocked that I get conned into these things, but whatever. I have a hard time saying, "no", okay? Especially to this women we will call her Carla. She is very well established, low key, and kinda let's me do whatever menu I want. I love doing jobs for her, plus she always gives me a generous generous tip.
So I said yes to her, even though last time I did a job I almost died from stress. But I want to by clothes for our new little girl (oh did I mention we are having a GIRL!!) So money was a huge motivation for me in this case. ANYWAY- way too much information-
This case was the same as every other catering job I've done-I didn't sleep, eat or think about anything else ALL week prior. And for the last three days I woke up at 5 am wide awake with worry and just Melinda stress. I didn't know how much to charge her, I didn't know what to make and if she was even going to be ok with it. I didn't know exactly how much food to by. Plus ALL the other things that were going on that week. But it all got done.
While I was setting everything up at her house I was talking to her 4-year-old daughter about hair and bows and her pretty pink kitchen- then I mentioned to Carla that we just found out that we are having a girl and are so excited about bows and pink kitchens of our own! She congratulated me and that was that.
After her party was over I went to pick up all my dishes. When I came in Carla was no where to be found. Her husband and kids were looking all over for her and about 15 min later she appeared with a beautifully wrapped package. She told me that it was a gift for the baby and she hoped it would get me started with all my baby needs!
I almost cried.
13 comments:
YEA for baby girls! I am so excited for you to enjoy the life of mommyhood. You do realize though that you are going to have to destress your life. Babies will stress it out enough. I miss you dearly and want you to visit us in Washington!
First of all, Congratulations! Little girls are so special, I'm totally excited for you guys! It's kind of fun because we're due just a week after you and we're having a little girl too! Maybe they'll grow up and room together at BYU ; )
Also, what a neat story about that sweet baby gift! "Carla" sounds like a very thoughtful person, not to mention a good listener to remember you were having a baby girl! Congrats again! We're excited for you guys!
Congrats on having a girl! I love the ultrasound picture!!
Congrats on a girl! They are so fun! I had to stop by and tell you a funny story. My hubby and I borrowed Sons of Provo! I made him rewind it to make sure my eyes weren't tricking me! I had no idea that you were famous! If I send you a copy of the movie will you autograph it for me? It was really fun to see, and fun to blog stalk y'all as well. I love the Bishop story. I made my husband read it too. Take care!
Tracie(kimball)Barr
I changed my blog to sewmakeme.blogspot.com
just thought I'd let you know. I apologize if it screws up your link or google reader.
Whitney
Huzzah! You'll love your little precious girl. I'm excited for you guys. Being a parent is just the best!
Congrats on the little girl! That is really awesome.
And Joseph, I posted the other tow Jessica videos on my blog because my family wanted to see them and people love them! I always give you guys the credit...
Mel I've been meaning to bring you some of Izzy's clothes since we won't be using them for a while, if ever again. I also have more 3rd trimester preggers clothes for you! I mentioned to Joe us all hanging out in the next couple of weekends so I can pass along the stuff then!
yay for your little girl! i didn't even know you did catering, melinda! sorry we're the kind of friends that still live in the same town and suck at keeping in touch! it's been too long...some birthday party before calvin was even born, if i remember correctly. yay for blogs! say hi to joseph and try to stay stress-free [or at least keep eating =)].
Congrats on the girl!
BTW, I love that Joe is making the same face as every guy on the cover of "Men's Health" magazine, in you profile picture.
-Ben Quinn
OK...I love love love you and have too much to write now thanks to finding your blog through my highschool friend Lindsay Roberts. You are having a baby girl!!! AAAHHHHH! I am so thrilled, jumping out of my bed excited for you. Not only that you are having a baby, but starting off the fam with a girl, the best way to do it! I just feel like I found oil in my backyard, I'm considering waking my early morning seminary teaching husband up to tell him that I just happened upon your blog. I love the lady who was so thoughtful she got you those precious things. I love that reading your writing I can just picture you talking with your enthusiaticly contagious voice. I don't love that our friendship trailed off before we left and we never had you over to our house to play games and talk money. I just love you and might check your blog every night for updates. what a treat!!
Still at Dixon? What's your story update? So Excited!!!!
Okay so it has been over a month since your last post. And I haven't seen you since your little baby was but a seedling. I want to see her growth. INCLUDE SOME PREGNANT PICTURES!!! I want to see cute-and-preganat Melinda
Post a Comment