Sunday, April 06, 2008

We've heard your pleas!


Okay, okay! I know I promised to post more, but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. But I'm getting better. Not really. It's just hard because not much happens without kids. I look at all your blogs and they're all about your kids. I don't have any kids! Joseph says that lots of stuff has happened, but we've just been lazy. I say nothing has happened. We live in Provo. And we both work full-time.

So, we went to Moab with my family four-wheeling. I grew up on four-wheelers, but never have I ridden one six months pregnant. For those of you who are wondering—yes, I was sore for a week. I also found out it's very difficult to drink when you have your helmet on. Thank you to my wonderful husband who took the picture. And I vowed to stop eating Easy Mac and to start water aerobics again. Which, by the way, Joseph thought was a wussy woman's workout. So, being the Google-man he is, he looked it up and guess what he found? Shocking! It's actually a workout. And a good one! He is a capoeira man, so water aerobics looked extremely wimpy but now he knows the truth.

Speaking of capoeira, Joseph advanced to the next cord at the batizado in February. He's getting really good and it's actually starting to get fun to watch. The other day he came home and told me that he just randomly did a front handspring. He had no clue what he was doing, he just had energy and did it and there it is. Now he knows how to do it. Very sexy!

2 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Yay! Thanks for the update you guys! I've been wondering when you guys we're going to post again!

Melinda, I totally hear you on the "wimpy workouts" thing. I've been doing this low-impact pregnancy workout that doesn't look hard but totally kicks my butt! Taber used to just watch me and laugh, till I made him do it with me once. He doesn't laugh anymore : )

Also, that's awesome that Joseph is getting so into capoeira! That looks like such a challenging but dang cool workout! My brother was kind of obsessed with it for awhile but never had the discipline to get really good.

Anyways, sorry this comment is so long! But hope everything is going well with your pregnancy and work and all that good stuff!

Theresa said...

Melinda and Joseph- Congratulations! A girl is the best way to start off in our opinion :). Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy, Melinda!