Monday, January 12, 2009

Do you have "the face?"

So I call this problem "the face." Some people have it others don't. My mom and I totally have the face. My sister Stephanie NEVER gets asked things EVER........she does not have "the face." Everywhere I go it seems that some stranger ALWAYS talks to me.....no matter what! These "stranger talkers," as I call them, tell me all about everything and ask me questions that I of course know the answers to. For example I know all about some random ladies divorce, horrible Christmas vacation, boyfriend in jail, birthday party......I've been asked which colors would be best for a wedding shower, what containers would be best for holding stuffed animals, oh yes and my personal favorite what color lingerie her husband would like more..........WHAT????? Who asks that to a TOTAL stranger!!!!!
If you have "the face" then you know what I am talking about and how sometimes it just gets a bit annoying.
If you are a "stranger talker" please know that we may pretend we care but we really don't.....

7 comments:

Camille Farias said...

I don't have the face. I have the opposite. I have a leave-me-alone face. My step mom used to make me practice this, because she said it was a useful skill to know. I can glare away anyone. Very useful when shopping.

Unknown said...

I don't have the face, but I do have the dog....no, that's not a nickname for something clever....we have a dog. And when we go to the dog park, inevitably some girl comes up and talks to me about the wierdest things....all because they think my dog is cute.

That's all I got....not quite as eccentric as "the face"

amylynne said...

Sometimes i feel like i do, and sometimes i dont, but i do know that when you have a baby OR when you're pregnant, people always give you child-rearing advice in grocery stores and i HATED it when people would touch my belly when i was pregnant... seriously. I HATED IT.

ZAC said...

This is sooooo funny. I think sometimes I might be that indecisive person looking for "the face"...

Heather Whitworth said...

Hillarious!!! You know you could start charging for your advice services? I think the last time I checked it was $7-9 bucks an hour. Cha-chingg!!! Love ya!

Calvin said...

It's the smile, you look way too nice all the time.

People always think I work there, where ever it is.... even when that isn't exactly a compliment.

When my brother was getting put back together in the hospital in Texas, or when I made the mistake of checking out some gross discount store.... any guesses on which one wasn't a compliment?

Adrienne said...

okay, I totally have "the face". I get in an elevator everyday for work and for some reason that seems to be the prime location for stranger talkers. In the span of one week a man told me about his unemployment issues and subsequent loss of house/car (which was sad...don't get me wrong) and then a father daughter duo spilling their guts about their alcoholic drug addict mother/wife. Seriously....I think I will start taking the stairs.....