Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WE MOVED!!

Finally the post you've all been waiting for!! We moved!......like 6 blocks but we moved!!! And yes my friends we are still in Provo....NO THIS IS NOT OUR PERMANENT LIVING SITUATION-just thought I'd be clear. As we sure do love Utah we are anxious to be gone too.
A few months ago we figured why pay rent when we could own and pay LESS per month! The first day we started looking we found this cute duplex that I fell in love with!
So without further ado- from this:



to this:





Best Part BY FAR:



then Cayling helped with the interior because lets be honest, I can cook, but decorating.....not my best quality-in fact I have NO talent when it comes to putting things together. I found a lady on KSL ( kinda like craigslist) that was selling all the decorations from a model home. It was the style I was looking for so Katie and I loaded up the babies and went for an hour and a half roadtrip. That is were I got most of my decorations and for a good price:)

We have awesome downstairs neighbors that cook for US


Also, we had a bit of drama moving in...and by a bit I mean I thought I was going to be beat up....
If your hubby is a lawyer or a hit man I might have some business for him to take care of :)

Oh and we have a third bedroom+bath so we would love love for everyone to come stay!!! I'll even brush my hair when you come:)

9 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see your new place and hear about your drama...

Good luck!

Jolena said...

Congrats Melinda! I would love to get more details on how you found a place and how much it cost and all those kinds of details. My husband and I are here for a few more years and would love to own instead of rent too but I haven't the slightest clue how to start. Any tips would be much appreciated! This is Jolena Jones Ashman, by the way, since my login name is weird. :) If you have a chance and can email me, that would be awesome! jolena.ashman@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I love your new house!!! That is my favorite mixture of styles, bungalow houses with modernized interiors. I have to admit I am a little jealous...

The Browns said...

Your place is so cute! I love it! I am so happy for you! :)

Megan said...

sooooo cute!! I love it! The place looks so nice! I really can't wait for the day that we own.....

selway2005 said...

So...I want to hear the details of your drama bit...we'd love to stop by, but we don't know where you live! I'll give you a call soon, then. Your house looks absolutely lovely. By the way, I have big shoes to fill in my new calling: Primary Secretary!

Beccarigg said...

Sorry this comment is a little delayed, I read this post awhile ago but the girls were both being very demanding and I didn't have a chance to comment. ANYWAY, just wanted to say how much I LOVE your new place! The decorations look awesome, I'm so impressed that you found such a cool deal on craigslist. (and also that you drove so far to go get them! totally worth it though, they look amazing!) Next time we're in town we'll have to party it up at the new Draschil digs!

Kirst said...

Your place is amazing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Can I get some of the decor? I know my place could definitly use the style...I too struggle with the interior design aspect of homemaking: looks like you did an wonderful job though.

ZAC said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Lawyer and hit-man can both be found in Jermaine's side of the family. Let us know if you need any assistance. I LOVED SEEING YOU WHEN I WAS IN TOWN! I hope you'll be out here soon so you can see the baby steps forward we have made in our home! :-) Kayling rocks.