Top five and bottom five of jogging a 5K (yes I said jogging there was no running involved)
Top five
5. My new orthotic shoe inserts actually fit and are comfortable
4. I actually fit into my sports bra.......come on people this is a miracle since pregnancy-don't pretend you don't know how happy I feel!!
3. I got to jog with my favorite two people in the world
2. Bree would scream so I was "forced" to take a quick cracker/juice break of course to make her feel better :)
1. The run ended with breakfast—lots of cream cheese and some bagel to go with it...Hey! I earned it.
Bottom Five
5. Joseph and I got called as Nursery leaders. Nothing to do with the 5k, but still a bottom five. Just kidding. But it will be harder to make friends.
4. Not having a set playlist on my ipod.......so I would just start to get in my groove with a little Van Halen "JUMP' when "Ye Elders of Israel" would ruin the moment......(true story)
3. Seeing a little kid running with only one shoe! AAAAAAHHHHH talk about shin splints
2. Jogging by a mobile home park and realizing Joseph almost made me move there when we were first married. He'd probably still like it. "Cheap Mortgage" Whatever cheep mortgage my eye!! I want Bree to be able to play outside without worrying that she will step on a used needle or get bitten by one of the 18,000,000 stray cats.
1. It hurts......yep everything in my body hurts except my eyelashes :) I don't get why people actaully CHOOSE to do things like this. Becca and Theresa: you are amazing.... I could NEVER do what you do.
All in all I guess I could say I am glad I did it- JUST because I can say that I have done a 5K but mark my words I don't see myself getting to stoked for more running anytime soon
2 comments:
Favorite line: "everything in my body hurts except my eyelashes" That had me laughing out loud. I felt the same way when I started running. Heck I still feel that way after some of my really long runs. Don't give up on it yet though, you may grow to like the "friendly pain." ; )
That's awesome you guys got out there and did that. Also I totally hear you on the sports bra thing! YAY!
Hahaha....that post made me laugh. I'm so jealous you got to do a 5k! They only have them on Sundays here. Good job Melinda!
Post a Comment