
So I grew a garden this summer and it has really been a lot of fun! In the past I have managed to kill EVERY plant/herb I've planted. But I wanted to try. Joseph and I have decided that the key is to get manure from Steve Young's horses-he must feed them the good stuff:) Anyway- as a result we have more zucchini then we can even begin to eat. I have cooked, sauted, baked, stuffed, and thrown away so much I'm surprised we haven't turned green. I have done a few recipes I thought I would share (not all of them mind you...)
Vegetables your kids and husband will actually eat
If you have ever eaten at Tucano's and tasted their yummy vegetables -this is my version EASY EASY and I am sure you have everything you need in your fridge right now! (mind kind of recipe)
Ingredients:
Vegetables ( I use tomatoes, onions, carrots, squash, mushrooms, zucchini. Whatever I have at the moment)
1/2c. Italian Dressing
1/3c. Parmesan cheese (the cheep stuff works great!)
Directions:
1) Cut veggies into large pieces
2) Put them in a ziplock with the dressing and shake to coat.
3) Put them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle on cheese-use as much as you want! The more cheese the better I say)
4) Bake on top rack of oven at 450 for about 15-20 min.
5) Eat!

Zucchini Cobbler (Tastes like apple cobbler.... really!!)
Ingredients:
(Pastry)
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
½ tsp salt
1 ½ c. cold butter, margarine or shortening
1 tsp. Cinnamon
(Filling)
8-10 cups cubed, seeded, peeled zucchini (4-5 lbs)
2/3 c. lemon juice
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
*Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in the butter till crumbly; reserve 3 cups. Gently pat remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
*Bake at 275 for 12 minutes.
*Place zucchini and lemon juice in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until zucchini starts to get tender..
*Stir in sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. (Mixture will be watery.)
*Spoon mixture over baked crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
*Bake @ 375 for 40-45 minutes.
(You can also bottle the filling in a boiling water canner to use later. Just make an extra big batch!)

Ingredients:
Vegetables ( I use tomatoes, onions, carrots, squash, mushrooms, zucchini. Whatever I have at the moment)
1/2c. Italian Dressing
1/3c. Parmesan cheese (the cheep stuff works great!)
Directions:
1) Cut veggies into large pieces
2) Put them in a ziplock with the dressing and shake to coat.
3) Put them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle on cheese-use as much as you want! The more cheese the better I say)
4) Bake on top rack of oven at 450 for about 15-20 min.
5) Eat!

Zucchini Cobbler (Tastes like apple cobbler.... really!!)
This one I wasn't sure about....but trust me it has enough butter and sugar to kill someone so it is good! And you get more then a serving of veggetables with a serving (not to mention your fat and sugar for the week:)-again my kind of recipe. It makes a ton so you can even have it for breakfast...like Bree and I did this morning...:) Oh and if you are like me and have made a katrillion cobblers in your life so you don't read the directions-don't worry it will still turn out.
Ingredients:
(Pastry)
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
½ tsp salt
1 ½ c. cold butter, margarine or shortening
1 tsp. Cinnamon
(Filling)
8-10 cups cubed, seeded, peeled zucchini (4-5 lbs)
2/3 c. lemon juice
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
*Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in the butter till crumbly; reserve 3 cups. Gently pat remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
*Bake at 275 for 12 minutes.
*Place zucchini and lemon juice in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until zucchini starts to get tender..
*Stir in sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. (Mixture will be watery.)
*Spoon mixture over baked crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
*Bake @ 375 for 40-45 minutes.
(You can also bottle the filling in a boiling water canner to use later. Just make an extra big batch!)

5 comments:
Just my two cents:
Cent #1: The parmesan cheese veggies are indeed extremely easy to make and everyone always raves about them when Melinda brings them to a dinner.
Cent #2: Hey, what can I say? The zucchini actually tasted like a delicious Apple Crisp dessert. I had two bowls. 'nuff said.
Cent of a Woman: Melinda has never settled on a "perfume smell." She has all sorts of perfumes, but can't commit to one that captures her essence. Also, she refuses to try Old Spice, despite my assurances.
YUM!! Those Parmesan veggies look amazing! Did you take that picture? Holy cow! I haven't had lunch yet and kind of wish I could eat my computer screen right now. Mmmm...I'll have to try those out soon.
Thanks for the recipes...we're dealing with the same issue; I've made ratatouille and zucchini bread with them and gave a few away while visiting teaching ;) I'm going to try both recipes today.
Ummm...YUMMY!
So...we have done the veggie one with just zucchini sliced long-wise (is that even a proper term? I think I mean length-wise? oh well...) drenched in the dressing and cheese and then put it on the grill. Very, very delicious! :) I seriously need to try the crisp. And try the cheese/dressing thing with my tomatoes. mmmmm....
Have you tried stuffed zucchini? It's a favorite around our place. I'm excited to try your recipes. They sound delish.
Post a Comment