Tuesday, August 10, 2010

July...well mostly



What a fun summer we are having! And I am proud to announce that we have a little LESS drama than June, so we are happy!
The fourth of July is HUGE in Provo. People go crazy and it is full of celebrations. We live very close to downtown, where all the action is, so we take full advantage.











My best friend got married and I had the pleasure of doing her wedding cake. She looked beautiful and the reception was one of the most amazing pieces of art I have ever seen! Congratulations, I love you Belinda!


My baby turned two!!! We went to Pirate Island Pizza with a few friends and family. Bree loved the slide....the slide was FREE...so much for all the tokens we had :( She is the apple of our eye. Our favorite things to do are read books and sing songs and play tea party or play-dough. She talks ALL THE TIME (everyone says I deserve a child who constantly talks........don't know what they are talking about). She gets stressed when her hands are dirty or when she sees another person who is sad. Her favorite songs are "Baby Baby" by Justin Bieber and Book of Mormon Stories. She loves her Aunties and to be outside.
I was super sad at her birthday because she is just getting big. And I soon she will be going to Prom and college and boys will break her heart and then she will be getting married and having her own children and I will have no more two-year-old. This mortality thing really stinks-WHO agreed to this???? Anyway, I digress.





We had youth conference and I got to ride a tandem bike for the first time :)


Bree has been helping with her dad's bike repairs.




My dad grew up in a very small pioneer town in southern Colorado. Every year they have a fun celebration for July 24th. We made it down this year and had a blast. My brother Brett taught me how to use our gun finally. So watch out bad guys who want to kidnap Bree-I will shoot you down!!!







She loved the carnival and four wheelers! Her mom and dad got a break from tending because of all the cousins and aunts and uncles were such good babysitters.

We also had the Spudman triathlon, but Joseph is going to post about that......stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Um, Bree in tutu and sparkly red shoes is too ridiculously cute for words!! Brinley would be green with envy, she is all about accessories and anything fancy these days. Jealous that you guys got to do 4th of July in Provo. Best freedom fest in the country! (IMHO)
Oh and you look awesomely hardcore shooting a gun. : )

Stephanie and Daniel said...

Yeah! Your kid is so cute!!! I'm so glad you came for the 24th. I gotta get out there soon so Bree can practice with little babies more. Love you guys!!!