Friday, October 01, 2010

Watermelon!!

This is our second attempt at growing watermelon. Last year was pretty much a disaster so I talked to some experts and this year was a bit better. I love having a garden, mostly because it gets Bree outside and helping and eating things she normally would not eat. She now LOVES peas, though her loathing for tomatoes still exists:( I am also happy to announce that I have received ONE red tomato from my GIANT plant because Bree loves to pick the "green ones," despite my CONSTANT teaching














Check out the size of those green peppers...... Nope didn't get any of those this year...*sigh*


Man I love her! She talks so so well and we have so much fun singing and checking the garden and reading books! Mommyhood rocks!

2 comments:

Beccarigg said...

I believe you have the world's cutest gardening helper. Seriously, what a doll! We always had a garden growing up and I LOVED eating all the food we grew but for some reason I've never attempted one in my adult life. Maybe next year we'll give it a try, especially if it gets our kids to eat vegetables!

Jessica said...

Ditto on the mommyhood rocks! Although we didn't make it to Portland in time to enjoy a garden this year, we do have a yard to care for and Ephraim is always anxious to play with the hose, and push the mower! And all his talking lately is just F.U.N. FUN! Miss you guys! Hope Princess Draschil #2 is doing well! Keep us updated on the countdown!