Then my brothers decided to dress her up as a "gangsta"-baby bling and everything!
And then there were the hats.....I told Joseph that now she is all ready to go to Russia!
The plane ride back was a bit more stressful. Did you know that you can't check two bags anymore without being charged $25!!!! So I had to carry a bag and the baby and the diaper bag and for some reason people weren't being to helpful. I've decided that people are much nicer to ladies who are pregnant then ladies with kids! LAME!I had to sit in the very back in the middle of these two fat men!!! And I needed to fed her.....so I spent a lot of time in the airplane bathroom:( Then the way home was full of crying hungry babies-it took us two hours to get home. Thanks Katie for coming to get us! All in all I had a wonderful time and am learning quickly how to take care of this precious baby:)
9 comments:
Oh dear...absolutely dreadful! I agree, I think people ARE much nicer to pregnant ladies than moms with kids. I can't wait to be in England, but I am dreading the flight there: 11hours!
Oh Melinda I feel your pain! I had to fly with Teya when she was 2 months old out to Texas for Taber's internship. He was already there so I had to go by myself! It was awful because I had her and our dog, and the huge diaper bag, and it was all very overwhelming. I'm glad you made it home safely though and that your family had fun with Bree! I love the picture of her all blinged out! That is priceless!
Well of course we're nicer to pregnant ladies, bulbous bellies don't make annoying screaming noises or puke.
I am so jealous you got to take her HOME. We are already plannig a big trip home to see all of the fam next summer, I can't wait.
Exploding poop bombs are the worst on planes. Especially if you don't have extra clothes on hand. And it gets all over the onesie. And you have to wipe the poop off with wet-wipes. And then curl up the poopified clothing and stuff it in the recesses of your carry-on.
Isn't it great to have your family ooh and aah all over your baby! Love it! I hate traveling without Ian. It is the worst. You feel so handicapped, powerless and weak (as you try to lift two HUGE bags and a chunk of love baby). It is such a relief to see that husband when you step off the plane! (or I guess in your case, get home)
Yeah, we went to New York when Hallee was 5 weeks old. Let's just say I spent a lot of time standing in random bathroom stalls breastfeeding. My friend Amanda's baby spit up a waterfall into the lady's shoe next to her on a plane ride!...crazy new baby experiences!
ps. I would like to meet Bree sometime, if you ever want to get together. :)
So I heard you saw my mom while you were in Colorado. We both think your baby is adorable!
Man! She doesn't have enough attention does she? Looks like your whole family couldn't be happier to have her a part of their lives!
SO FUNNY MEL! I have had my worst times ever on the airplane with my little kids and just me. AHHHHHHH!!!! just doesn't sum it up.
Post a Comment