Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with MustardMartha Stewart Living
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill (or, if you have to, 1Tbs dried dill as a substitute)
2 garlic cloves, minced (approx. 1 tablespoon)
salt + pepper
2 chicken cutlets (6 ounces each)
1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
3 ounces aged cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
1 baguette, cut crosswise into 4 pieces and halved horizontally
3 tablespoons creme fraiche (sour cream or plain yogurt work just as well:) )
3 sour pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise ( optional)
1. Mix 1/4 cup mustard, the oil, dill, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and onion rounds, and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill onion, turning often, 8-10 minutes. Grill chicken on 1 side for 3 minutes; flip, top with cheddar, and cook 3 minutes more. Cut cutlets in half. Grill baguette, cut sides down, for about 30 seconds.
3. Mix remaining 3 tablespoons mustard and the creme fraiche in a small bowl. Spread onto cut sides of baguette. Sandwich chicken, pickles, and onion between bread.
5 comments:
I think I just drooled on my keyboard. Yum! I so needed this right now. It's actually been in the 90's this week (something I never thought I'd see in Minnesota) and turning on the oven doesn't help. Thanks for the great idea!
That looks delicious! I'm going to the store today to get the necessaries. You're an inspiration, don't stop sharing!
That looks so great. I am excited to try it.
So, I made this tonight for my In-Laws, and everybody loved it! It was delicious. But, I had to broil the chicken because we didnt have a working grill. Everyone wants the recipe, so I'm going to put it up and link to you, if thats okay?
Well, I'm glad we finally connected! Thanks again guys for all the fun we had tonight. You are the kind of couple where we go home saying, "Why in the world did we wait so long to hang out with those guys?!" That was tons of fun. By the way, tell Joseph that even though blogging is a female-dominated sport, he ought to put a post up one of these days. Just to see what's on that twisted mind of his...
Post a Comment