Thursday, August 07, 2008

AAAA the days BEFORE being a mom......


So when I went over due I was totally bummed out. So I went crazy on making myself busy so I wouldn't really go crazy.
As everyone knows I totally love sushi! I was talking with some of my other sushi loving friends and I really started to crave it. I started looking through my sushi cookbook, to make some, and realized you can make dessert sushi!!! What more could a girl want??? So off to the store I went with junk food on my mind.....$40 later (don't tell Joseph) I had all my "necessary" ingredients-twinkies (which by-the-way I had never tasted in all my 25 years of life! GROSS!!! I hated them) pop rocks, sweetish fish, rice crispy treats, red vines, mini m&m's, and fruit roll ups. It took no time to put them together and I thought they turned out so cute! Then of course I had to take some to my sushi loving friends:) That night I went into labor-Moral of the story.....Twinkies are bad for your health. Bad enough that my baby would rather be cold and screaming in the outside world than hanging out in the womb with Twikie-juice running through her veins!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

very cool sushi...i would have loved it! Twinkies aren't that bad....they taste about the same as seaweed anyways. I think I grew an inch after eating a whole pack once....so, you never know the mystical power of over-processed food!

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

You will soon realize that your time is no longer "your time". It is time spent with Brielle or time that you feel guilty for leaving Joseph alone with Brielle. Cooking and cleaning take a back-burner for a while, but soon (maybe in about six months) you will not care who is taking care of your baby as long as it is not you or Joseph so that you can have some time alone! I don't know...you are a modern-day Superwoman so maybe you will not have the same experience that I had. I have no super-powers...

Looking forward to updated pictures of the baby!!!

Beccarigg said...

That is so funny that you'd never eaten twinkies before! I'm not a huge fan but for some reason, both times I was pregnant I ended up buying a box in my last trimester and eating it all by myself! I guess I'll blame it on crazy pregnancy cravings!

Cute sushi idea by the way, those came out awesome!

Unknown said...

Those are really cute! DJ is a sushi person too, (I'm not). He would think that your candy sushi is awesome! You are so creative with the beautiful presentation... and they look yummy too.

DJ says to try the twinkies frozen, they are much better! Let him know what you think!

Calvin said...

At first I thought you had m and m's and jelly beans on top of raw fish and I was truly disturbed...

For some reason, not surprised though... not sure that's a compliment...

baby pics would be great

Angie Judd said...

Mmmmm....sushi.
Too funny about you not ever having a Twinkie! I thought the dessert sushi tasted yummy. :) Thanks again.
Oh, and yeah...I am soooo excited to show ya what I've made so far at CKU. You should come with me next year. It has been soooo awesome!

Annette Shumway said...

Twinkies are NASTY! I ate one once out of desperation for something sweet and I'll never do it again. Barf. REALLY cute idea! Hope you guys are all well!